In-Slab Radiant Heating Help. - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-02-2011, 12:07 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

In-Slab radiant heating help.

Hello everyone, here's my dilemma -- I live in Cleveland, Ohio and I have to boxer dogs that use the back patio as their restroom. Now when it snows it becomes really difficult to clean after them and Im looking for a solution.

I'm thinking on running the fence down the side of the house and use that area for their restroom(about 4' x 16'). I had thought about using beach pebbles and somehow hearing those up, but I have decided to pour a slab of concrete and heating it for better/easier clean up.

So, what company/materials do you recommend for this type of project?
Are there any how-to's or project guides? Any help is appreciated.

Tnx

(Edit -- not sure how this thread was ever posted since I had canceled it...)

Advertisement

Last edited by joey1320; 03-02-2011 at 01:34 PM.
joey1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
Master General ReEngineer

Rewards Points: 2,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey1320 View Post
Hello everyone, here's my dilemma -- I live in Cleveland, Ohio and I have to boxer dogs that use the back patio as their restroom. Now when it snows it becomes really difficult to clean after them and Im looking for a solution.

I'm thinking on running the fence down the side of the house and use that area for their restroom(about 4' x 16').
Ayuh,... This was all pretty well cover in yer other thread about this same topic...

Advertisement

Bondo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Why do you always type "Ayuh"?

Also, I'm not really sure why this thread was posted since I had hit the cancel button on my phone, weird... Plus I was actually going to ask about a "how-to" and recommendations as to what companies to go with when using radiant heating on concrete.

After all of the responses to my last thread, I have decided to pour concrete on the designated area as opposed to pebbles and use radiant heating. I have done some reasearch and found a couple of companies (thermosoft, magicheat) that carry the materials and I wanted to know if anyone had used them.

I guess the thread is actually open, even though I had canceled it...
joey1320 is offline   Reply With Quote