Skirting On Curved Walls - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-20-2005, 04:39 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Unhappy

Skirting on Curved Walls

Hi Everyone, need some advice. I have had some snew flooring and skirting put in but where I have 3 bits of curved wall the builders have cut the skirting into bits and joined it together. I am sure this is not the right or clean way to do this and want to prove it to them.
Does anyone have the correct instructions with diagrams I could show these guys and get them to do the job properly?

Please help, the builders finish tomorrow and I want them to sort the skirting out before they leave!

Advertisement

Harjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:39 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10
Send a message via AIM to urbansurgery

Skirting on Curved Walls

the only time i have seen this done is almot as you describe and in pieces

however

there are of course many wys to skin a cat

are they putting the pieces butt end to butt end - thats a very easy but cheap solution

the way if sen it down successfully is where pieces ahave been bent and spliced together on an overlapping angle and then plugged through and glued together. that is a chamer to the rear of one piece and a chamfer to the front at the other end - overlapping a bit like fish scales - so ft echamfer is quite long

it takes a good craftsman to do and usually costs - did you prespecify with the builder the way it should be done?

i dont have photos available - i have one i work know for sure but i cant get that in time for their departure

Advertisement

urbansurgery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 11:08 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 250

Skirting on Curved Walls

I assume the workers are long gone. If you are looking to try and redo the molding the here is a link to an another trim question about curves. I too could not find any illustrations. http://discussdiy.com/showthread.php...stid=51#post51