Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-01-2007, 10:52 AM   #1
Power Gen/RS Engineer

Share |

Site Built (custom) windows

Greetings-

I am in the process of refinishing my (very old) entry door which is 1-3/4" solid oak. It is an archtop featuring a round window opening at the top which is broken into smaller glass sections with vertical and horizontal muntins. The glass is single pane and many of the pieces have cracks in them which warrant full replacement. Instead of replacing all the individual sections, I'd like to gut the muntins completely and fill in the entire opening with a round window and then lay new muntins directly on the glass surface. Are there places that build custom sealed, double-pane glass units for this type of application? I did some internet searches but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Any help would be appreciated!

Jimmy
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves,"You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin
BigJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:02 PM   #2

Site Built (custom) windows

Actually, building round IG's is a relatively straight forward procedure and I would bet that if you contact a couple of local glass shops you will find one that will do it for you.
oberon is offline   Reply With Quote