DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Building & Construction (http://www.diychatroom.com/f19/)
-   -   single horizontal hairline crack in stucco (http://www.diychatroom.com/f19/single-horizontal-hairline-crack-stucco-100728/)

mark_goal 04-06-2011 01:36 PM

single horizontal hairline crack in stucco
 
i am looking to bid on a stucco home about 16 years old in Houston, TX. The home has a single horizontal hairline crack in the stucco, about 4' ft off the ground. This crack runs about 60% of the house; the other 40% has windows etc, & the stucco is not cracked. There r no cracks in the inside walls. The bankrupt homeowner says it is real stucco (as opposed to synthetic stucco).
I am a attaching some pics showing the crack.
Any opinions if this hairline crack is a serious issue? what might be the cause?
I hear Houston has soft clay soil, so wondering if it is settling of the house?
Can crack be fixed? Wondering how to proceed?

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/9660/dsc00005u.th.jpg
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/4...00006uq.th.jpg
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/728/dsc10004.th.jpg
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7214/dsc10002.th.jpg
http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5...c00056s.th.jpg
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8...00046sg.th.jpg
http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/6...c00043i.th.jpg
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9413/dsc10034.th.jpg
http://img858.imageshack.us/img858/8793/dsc10032.th.jpg
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2113/dsc10031.th.jpg



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.