Shower Door Glides - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-11-2009, 01:21 PM   #1
hwg

Rewards Points: 10

Shower door glides

Our standard, 1/2"-thick sliding shower doors have lost the little plastic glides that attached to the underside of the doors and allowed them to slid freely along the metal U-channels that they ride in. I have looked everywhere for a replacement and can't find anything. Anyone know of a solution?

The original glide was a short piece of U-channel, 5/8" wide (exterior dimension) that received the 1/2" door. It was 9/16" high and about 1/2" long.

I'd be very glad for a solution that saved buying new doors.

Advertisement

hwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:38 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,472

Shower door glides

just hung 1 of those over the w/d from an apron store ( orange ),,, by kohler, its a sub-brand,,, run in & take off the name, google it, ck the site for part's list & order 1,,, IF your doors ride on tracks instead of being suspended from the top rail, this won't work, of course ! ! !

the complete unit was about $300.

Advertisement

stadry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:15 PM   #3
long island, NY

Rewards Points: 250

Shower door glides

I'm surprised you're having trouble finding parts... We had shower door issues maybe 15 years ago. I popped into home depot, bought the new glides, and replaced them. I sort of presumed they're still there. Are you looking for unique dimensions, or did the big home centers just stop carrying them?

If the latter is the case, maybe try calling a plumbing supply place?
diy'er on LI is offline   Reply With Quote