Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Shed Renovation

Hey Guys,

This is mostly informational for me, as our first baby is due in 5 weeks, and I'm pretty sure my wife would shoot me if I attempted and more DIY projects.

We have a neglected shed in the back yard of our property. Its sitting on a concrete pad (looks to be in decent shape). I'd say it's about 8x10 or perhaps a bit smaller. Gambrel Roof. 1 door, and 1 small window.
There are holes either rotted or chewed in the walls, and the shingles are pretty beat up. I haven't spent a ton of time inside the shed, but the frame seems to be in good shape (no visible rot, or sagging, etc)

Most of the posts I've seen are small repairs or building from scratch. I'm wondering if it would be possible, and/or cost effective to basically rip the outer walls and possibly roofing off and rebuild the outer shell of the shed. Has anyone had any experience with this?

I don't have any pictures with me, but I can post some up later.

Thanks
Andy

AJPLeBlanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 4,152

Shed Renovation

With out those pictures it's hard to say if it's worth it.
If you spend some time looking under building and construction under the search function there's lots of post about people repair sheds and garages.

joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to joecaption For This Useful Post:
mae-ling (08-26-2013)