A Shack So I Can Build Small Business A Crab Shack - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-25-2011, 06:21 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

A shack so I can build small business a crab shack

I was wondering if you could help me out I am planning to build a shack 20 by 15 by 10 and with a concrete base what I know is that it is 1.86 sq yards and I was wondering if u could mabey throw out a price so I know what I'm looking at

Advertisement

Jathan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 2,580

Lost already.

Those measurements (if in feet) actually come to 33-1/3 square yards.
What do square yards have to do with anything?

Maybe if you would elaborate some we could understand some.

Advertisement

Bud Cline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:49 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Okay sorry I'm new at this Im going to build a 20 foot long by 15 wide by 10 heigh shack i was wondering if you could maybe give me a price range
Jathan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:03 PM   #4
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 2,580

Quote:
Okay sorry I'm new at this Im going to build a 20 foot long by 15 wide by 10 heigh shack i was wondering if you could maybe give me a price range
No.
We don't estimate jobs on this website. That's what your local contractors are for.

Besides you haven't given anyone any information that could be used to estimate anything beyond the square footage of the footprint.

Your location would be helpful.
Your desired type of construction would be helpful.
Your desire to have electricity would be helpful.
Your need for plumbing would be helpful.
Your style of construction would be helpful.
Your desire of interior and exterior finish materials would be helpful.
Your style of roof would be helpful.
Your desire to insulate would be helpful.
Your desire to heat and/or cool the interior would be helpful.
Your below grade conditions would be helpful.
Your distance from available plumbing and electrical services would be helpful.
Your desire of doors and windows would be helpful.
What are you willing to pay someone to develop the necessary plans?
What are you willing to pay a draftsman?
What are you willing to pay someone to investigate Rights of Way and Easements and Set-backs?

You see...what you are asking for without supplying any more information than you have so far makes the whole idea more of a joke than anything else. And of course you want someone here to do this free right? That's why you came to a forum to get your estimating done?
Bud Cline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:19 PM   #5
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,490

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathan94 View Post
I was wondering if you could help me out I am planning to build a shack 20 by 15 by 10 and with a concrete base what I know is that it is 1.86 sq yards and I was wondering if u could mabey throw out a price so I know what I'm looking at
This would not be by chance a homework question? You have forgotten permits, site survey costs, engineering studies, costs for payoff to city inspector, cost to pay off hit men from opposing companies, cost for engineering study to determine the determent that this will cost, due to airborne fowl that you will displace from the location that you are placing this structure, that you have no idea in how to build in the first place.
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:44 PM   #6

Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota - Latitude 45.057 Longitude -93.074
Rewards Points: 2,138

Also, the health department requirements if you are cleaning any crabs or preparing them for sale. Even a perfect building structurally, plumbing and mechanically without that approval.

The definition of "crab shack" stirs may possibilities. I bought many steamed crabs around the Chesapeake Bay areas and the kitchens had special paint for walls, floors for cleaning purposes. - I still never saw an approval seal on the newspapers used on the outside tables or for wrapping.

Dick
concretemasonry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:47 PM   #7
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,490

concretemasonary, some of the best places to get food, is the back roads of Chesapeake Bay. Some of the best burgers I found down South, were these hole in the walls down in Texas/Oklahoma. Best beer drinking places are the crabshacks on the east coast.

Advertisement

Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote