Sewer Main NEW LINING? - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-01-2007, 11:57 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Sewer main NEW LINING?

I have just had my sewer main filmed... lucky me. This is after a nasty backup in the basement. There is a "drop" in the line and with the age of the house there is debris and such collecting. The Rescue Rooter guy wants to install lining to the tune of 8k. The water/sewer company is hesitating on issuing a permit. They are hinting at requiring the "drop" be completely dug up and replaced which looks more like a 15k solution. It is under a driveway right at the street. Is there any opinion on lining helping the drop to allow better flow of waste. The Rooter man insists that the lining will 1) allow better flow and because of power jet prior to installation the current amount of debris will be cleared.

HELP
Janine

Advertisement

DragonLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:35 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

Sewer main NEW LINING?

Well what a surprise !!! I had a video of the line reviewed by the inspectors at the water company. He said " I do not see any considerable problem with this line".
HA - I feel like a fool for even entertaining the repair presented from the Rescue Rooter people...

If you are presented with a hard sell to have sewer main lining or repair have a video done and get the city or local water board to have an inspector look at it.
It saved me $1000's. I will need to be diligent about rooting the line at least 1 a year. Easy job of about $100.

Janine

Advertisement

DragonLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:46 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

Sewer main NEW LINING?

You are also one of the smartest people on the planet. Congrates....
localtradesman is offline   Reply With Quote