Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-14-2008, 07:08 PM   #1

Share |

Seeking garage cabinets shelving plans/help

I'm looking for information on garage shelving or cabinets. I'd like to do the cabinets with doors, plus a workbench area. Anyone know where to find plans, materials, etc at a low cost? I've done shelving before, but want cabinets this time around. Thanks in advance.

Robert131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:36 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert131 View Post
I'm looking for information on garage shelving or cabinets. I'd like to do the cabinets with doors, plus a workbench area. Anyone know where to find plans, materials, etc at a low cost? I've done shelving before, but want cabinets this time around. Thanks in advance.
My suggestion would be to watch craigslist for some used kitchen cabinets. I found a whole kitchen (16 feet uppers and lowers) for $75 and they are higher quality(raised real oak) than my actual kitchen cabinets(particle board with veneer)! I then slapped a piece of MDF on top as a countertop and presto!

tigerbalm2424 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:49 PM   #3

Talking

I found my cabinets at Home Depot. They are that really heavy MDF that's white. I'm only 5 feet tall and I put them together all by myself, so they're not that hard to handle. Just make sure you have a good cordless drill and make sure you pre-drill ! My hands were numb for a month because I didn't predrill and used a regular screwdriver !
Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #4

If you choose to build a cabinet in the garage, you have to think certain things like the space left for the construction of the cabinet in your garage and how big the cabinet is and how are you going to use it. Build the cabinet according to its purpose.
jhunts is offline   Reply With Quote