Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-18-2006, 01:38 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Securing plasterboard

I wish to cover an internal wall with plasterboard; this will be onto bare brick from which the existing damaged plaster has been removed. I know how a tradesman would do it - but I wish to consider using old lathe wood strips as slimline studding glued to the bare brick using something like "Hard as Nails" - to be followed by the plasterboard glued the same way (although galvanised small nails to secure the board to the studding in the conventional way has not been ruled out!). Has anyone any experience of using modern adhesives rather than a hilti nailer to mount studding to a bare wall??

mikemmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:28 PM   #2
TEXTURE REVIVAL

Rewards Points: 10

Securing plasterboard

Hello Mike
The Way That You Are Describing Seems Very Complicated But There Is An Easier, Quicker And Cheaper Method For You To Try!
At The Diy Stores You Can Purchase Drywall Adhesive, These Come In Bags That You Mix With Cold Water To A Thick Consistency, Make Sure That There Is No Loose Stuff Or Dust On Your Bare Bricks, And If You Want To Seal Them First With "pva Sealer" As For Porous Surfaces And Let Dry, Now Dab The Back Of Your Plaster/wall Board With Dollops Of This Adhesive And Then Lay Them Onto The Wall
Thats How It Is Sometimes Done On New Build Projects
All The Best
Dale

Dale is offline   Reply With Quote