Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-19-2011, 10:20 PM   #1

Share |

Sandstone Foundation Repair

I am renovating an old Victorian home. Homes foundation is large Sandstone block. Block is beautiful and I am wanting to keep it. Most of the walls in the basement are Bowing inward. Keep getting mixed responses from contractors I have had out. I have been doing restorations for years now. I can tuckpoint, seal, insulate and run the irrigation around the home. Going to be excavating around the home and want to level the stone up. I have lifted houses before, and I know the procedure. I know I have to use a jacking system to level the walls straight, but the jacks to use I am having trouble finding. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be greatly appreciated. I am definitely not a Rookie when it comes to this work, but I am stumped on where to find the right equipment for this job.

Thanks for you help!!

cwrose79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:51 PM   #2
liscenced electrician

Sandstone Foundation Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwrose79 View Post
I am renovating an old Victorian home. Homes foundation is large Sandstone block. Block is beautiful and I am wanting to keep it. Most of the walls in the basement are Bowing inward. Keep getting mixed responses from contractors I have had out. I have been doing restorations for years now. I can tuckpoint, seal, insulate and run the irrigation around the home. Going to be excavating around the home and want to level the stone up. I have lifted houses before, and I know the procedure. I know I have to use a jacking system to level the walls straight, but the jacks to use I am having trouble finding. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be greatly appreciated. I am definitely not a Rookie when it comes to this work, but I am stumped on where to find the right equipment for this job.

Thanks for you help!!

i've always just used automotive bottle jacks. They can be had cheap enough that you can buy a whole bunch of them and jack at all the points you need to

jimmy21 is offline   Reply With Quote