Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-29-2009, 07:59 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

retaining wall woes

I am rebuilding my 36" stone block wall that was pushed over this winter. I am currently excavating, and worried about erosion. Is there some thing I can do to help with that? I have heard of a material called Geo Grid, but cannot find a supply. What does this do? Do I need it, or is there another solution?

trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:54 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

retaining wall woes

You'll need a proper base to set the wall on. You'll need a drainage space behind the wall to prevent water buildup. You'll need a landscape barrier to separate the dirt from the drainage material behind the wall.
Try searching, "retaining walls" and get a basic idea what's needed. Then go to the local masonary supply where you'll buy the materials and get their imput based on their experience with the local soil conditions.
Ron

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote