Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #1

Share |

Resilient channel with potlights

Hi. I am currently finishing my basement with resilient channel and 1/2 inch sag resistant drywall. I have had to do some extensive shimming to level out my joists and now am in the position that I'm going to have to extend my joist down using some strapping to attach my Halo potlights using the hanger bars (to get it level with the channel/ceiling).

My question is... how much will the weight of the drywall pull down on the resilient channel so I know how thick I need to make my strapping. I know that I'm going to have different measurements with each potlight because of the amount of shimming I've had to do at each location but would like to know how much extra (if any) I need to add to my calculation to account for the lowering of the channel. Thanks for any input.

Jeremy

Reignfall is offline   Reply With Quote