Replacing Wood Siding WIth Foam Backed Vinyl - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-21-2009, 03:41 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Replacing Wood Siding WIth Foam Backed Vinyl

I bought a house last year that was built in the late 80's that has the original wood siding on it. I am going to be replacing the siding with foam backed vinyl siding (already purchased so please don't suggest another form of siding). I plan on removing the wood siding instead of simply placing the vinyl directly over it. My question is should I be adding any additional material besides the tyvek and foam backed siding? I live in Minnesota so we do have the extremes of the weather. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement

xludan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:27 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

Replacing Wood Siding WIth Foam Backed Vinyl

Not enough information. Can I safely assume you have 2x6 walls? You should be fine but it wouldn't hurt to add another inch of foam between the siding and the tyvek.

Advertisement