Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-26-2005, 09:55 AM   #1

Share |
Question

replacement windows

thinking about vinyl pella replacement windows with lowes installlation. I need soom input on the windows and lowes work. Thanks.
pappabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 07:04 AM   #2
Contractor

replacement windows

I prefer Anderson but Pella is probably just as good. As far as the installation goes, Lowe's just uses any contractors that are signed up with them, so it's very difficult to say what you will get. Although, if they have problems with a contractor, they tend to not use them anymore. This is all managed locally by each store. A friend of mine used to install for Lowe's. I know he did good work, but there were others...

You could check out one of my articles on window replacement and DIY!

Ken Walker
KenTheHandyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 08:55 AM   #3

replacement windows

I installed 1 pella from lowes last year and it fell apart after 6 mos. It was able to be fixed but it was more complicated than i thought a window should be. The one I had trouble with was single hung, ( up and down), and had a thin piece of cord that had a friction knot at the end. The friction knot was the problem for me but I can't imagine that cord lasting 20 years. I've also installed hundreds of Pella's in the past and found they always required a very skilled carpenter to install properly. I like a window with simple designs that can stay square and true when being shiped and handled. HS
K2eoj is offline   Reply With Quote