DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Replaceing Concrete Block Foundation

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Scuba_Dave 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a house, and one wall had started to bow out on the inside. It does have deadmen in it and a coulple of I beam support post against it, but hasn't stopped it from starting to move over the years. The house is approx. 40 years old. Can anyone give me a rough estimate on what it would cost to replace a couple walls? It would be a run about 50 ft. long and about 7 ft. tall. It is a walkout basement with the ground sloped on the sides, so I am not looking at all four sides, just about 2. I don't plan on staying in this house forever, so depending on prices, should I look at a new poured concrete wall, (and can you tie existing blocks into a new poured wall), or have someone come in and dig around the problem areas and replace with new concrete blocks.

#6 ·
you might consider exterior excavation, straightening the wall, then pumping if full of grout - followed by a good exterior waterproofing system w/proper drainage channel,,, if they're cinder blks, get new fnd walls.

this yr, we've done a couple wall replacements that size here in atl - $15K - if in ct, it'd be more :thumbup:

UNLESS you can find a good structural repair contractor, you'll have 2 contractors - house mover & mason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.