Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
John Ross

Share |

Repairing concrete slab in shower

I need advice on repairing a concrete slab. I am enlarging my shower. The original shower has a 3 inch recessed concrete pan in the concrete slab. I have removed the concrete slab around the original drain. I removed the concrete in part of the recessed concrete pan so I could relocate the drain. I need to patch the concrete area where the old shower pan slab was removed. I also want to bring the old recessed concrete shower pan up to the height of the rest of the home slab. I assume I would coat the old shower pan concrete with a concrete bonding agent then mix and pour Sakrete Concrete Mix 5,000 PSI Fiber-reinforced into the old pan and cut out slab area?
I am not sure if this is the correct way to repair the slab?
JohnRoss is offline   Reply With Quote