Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #1

Share |

removing wall, can I patch laminate floor to connect 2 laminate floors?

Have 8" wide plank style pergo laminate (17 years old) in entry. It was professionally installed using glue. Have 15-1/2" wide high quality (expensive) laminate in adjacent room. Also professionally installed about 5 years ago, glueless. The two different floors are laid perpendicular to each other. The seams in one room run north/south and in the adjacent room run east/west.

The different laminate floors are in same colors and are joined with a molding strip of some sort in the door way where they connect. I want to remove a four foot section of wall next to the doorway and make a larger opening between the two rooms. There are sufficient left overs of either style of laminate and the molding strip. Can the hole in the floor (after removal of wall section) be patched?

Thanks in advance!
tworicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:06 PM   #2

The general answer is Probably
mae-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
Framing Contractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworicks View Post
Have 8" wide plank style pergo laminate (17 years old) in entry. It was professionally installed using glue. Have 15-1/2" wide high quality (expensive) laminate in adjacent room. Also professionally installed about 5 years ago, glueless. The two different floors are laid perpendicular to each other. The seams in one room run north/south and in the adjacent room run east/west.

The different laminate floors are in same colors and are joined with a molding strip of some sort in the door way where they connect. I want to remove a four foot section of wall next to the doorway and make a larger opening between the two rooms. There are sufficient left overs of either style of laminate and the molding strip. Can the hole in the floor (after removal of wall section) be patched?

Thanks in advance!

Is the section if wall you are removing load bearing?

Tags
laminate floor, patch, repair