Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-26-2014, 03:56 PM   #1

Share |

Remove Half Wall

My wife and I would like to build a closet in an existing space in our bedroom where the old closet used to be. I have removed 1 bar that ran across the width of the closet and a small bar that ran from a wall (3 ft Height) to the one end. This short bar was used to hang items like shirts that were not full length.

I believe this wall used to run full height and was cut in half to support the short bar. By looking at the pictures attached can anybody advise if it is safe to remove? Would it affect the structure in any way of the home? We would like to removed this in order to accommodate our design.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Remove Half Wall-pic2.jpg   Remove Half Wall-pic1.jpg  

booboohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:04 PM   #2

Remove Half Wall

It should just be any empty space in side of it.
Going to be stuck with a drywall and a floor repair in that area.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:31 PM   #3

Remove Half Wall

cut a hole in the drywall. if you see nothing inside, electrical, piping, whatever. take it out.
Fix'n it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:03 PM   #4

Remove Half Wall

There's no way that's structural, because it doesn't run up to support anything overhead. The only thing to be concerned about is what Fix'n it said; make sure there's nothing inside. If there's electrical it can likely be dealt with DIY without much hassle. Piping would be more of a pain.
JKeefe is offline   Reply With Quote