Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-15-2011, 10:44 AM   #1

Share |

reinstalling floor vent in front of French doors

I had a large picture window removed and replaced with French doors. I chose Anderson 400 after consulting this site. Very pleased with door. (Thanks). There was an existing forced air register under the window which was removed. It seems cool in this area so I think I should have it put back. Just stained the doors and trim but not completed and have no threshhold for in front of door yet. Original cavity for old register partially visable in front of doors. How and where do I put the new register? Incorporate into theshhold? Put in front of doors? How far from doors? How can I put a floor mat in front of doors if register there? Wouldn't a floor register look dumb in the middle of the room floor away from door past floor mat? What keeps debris from feet going onto grates or tripping hazard? Someone said put register in middle part of theshhold with wood floor boards on either side and one in front with angle sloping away from door. What to do? PA senior lady.

Cynick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:34 PM   #2

reinstalling floor vent in front of French doors

Put it in front of the non opening door of the set, 4-6" away from the doors. You can put it near the middle but not in front of the door you use. This way you'll be able to put a mat in front of the door you use. Just use a low profile grate and it won't be a tripping hazard.

Msradell is offline   Reply With Quote