Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-02-2010, 07:00 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Recommendations needed for high security entry doors

Hi all,
I'm in the process of searching for some replacement entry doors for my house. My existing front door is a lightweight fiberglass unit (thermatru) that I am not real fond of for security reasons, and my back slider glass door is to be replaced with a french door.

My primary goal is increased security. I am very fond of my Abloy Protec deadbolts, and would love to find a high security door (steel, aluminum, hardwood, etc) that incorporates an abloy driving a multi point locking system of somesort. I like the master security door, but I assume its very expensive. My budget is roughly $1500 for entry door and $2500 for french door.

Is a pella/marvin/anderson (or equivalent) hardwood door the only other option, or are there more high security door alternatives?

Thanks,

wolfsberg74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,000

when i worked at a custom millwork shop we sometims had to cover the supply of exterior doors which had triple throw latches. they do get pricy but is that what you are looking for. what if they come thru a window?

Old 05-03-2010, 10:09 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

I have security film to at least slow them down if they choose the window route. But doors are typically the #1 method used to gain access, so a little more security here never hurts.

Basically I'm looking for alternatives to or equivalents of the master security door. I just dont see any other competititve manufacturers of this type of product.
wolfsberg74 is offline   Reply With Quote