Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-03-2008, 08:46 AM   #1

Share |
Question

recessed bath tub framing

hello,

hope everyone is doing well.

i am finally ready to install my recessed bath tub, one of those that come with an integrated wall on the exposed side so you do not have to put your own cover (tiles etc.).

one short side of the tub will be leaning against a wall and there i can frame it tightly but i want the other short side to be against a stylish wall of glass bricks, which will be separating it from the toilet. the concern comes to whether framing that does not rely on the wall on that side (but those on the other short side and the back long side) will be sturdy enough ? i do plan to have framing on that side as well but it will only be a rectangle matching the side of the tub fastened to the floor and the frame on the tub's long side, NOT the wall that corresponds to it because it is glass bricks.

Q1: will this compromise for style be sturdy enough or should i scratch the glass brick idea ?

Q2: is there any way to fasten that portion of the frame to the glass brick wall (seriously doubt that) ?

thanks,

- a -

amakarevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:11 AM   #2

recessed bath tub framing

Why not build a "structural" kneewall to support the shower walls, and stack the glass blocks above it for good looks?

Termite is offline   Reply With Quote