Raised Paver Patio - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-09-2011, 11:06 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Raised Paver Patio

So here is my current patio. As you can imagine this holds all the waterwhen it rains. I would like to bring it up to the level of the yard which is about 6 more inches and angle it away from the house. What would be the best way to go about this? I would like to use pavers again but nicer than the bricks you see here. Can i leave the current bricks in there? what would be best to use to raise it up, gravel and then sand? Any help would be great thanks! Id like to try this myself if I had some more info.

Advertisement

yocoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:41 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Raised Paver Patio

If you raise the level of the ground anymore, you'll bury the siding in dirt because you'll be over the level of the foundation.
As it is, the level is too high against the house.
If the area floods, install an underground drainage system to catch the water and direct it away.
Another option would be to install a perimeter retaining wall with an associated perimeter drain to a drywell.

Advertisement

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:59 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Raised Paver Patio

Ok thanks, so my best bet is to dig it all up... Maybe make it even deeper and install drainage system. I feel like that's better than raising it. Appreciate it!
yocoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,000

Raised Paver Patio

Depending on the yard slopes, you might be able to just build one retaining wall and lower the other 2 side so the patio drains naturally.
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote