Railing Selection With TimberTech Earthwoods Decking - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-29-2011, 09:52 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Railing Selection with TimberTech Earthwoods Decking

Greetings- We are about to have our deck re-planked with TimberTech Earthwoods Evolution. The wife and I love the colors of Pacific Teak (decking) and Pacific Walnut (picture frame).

We have decided to go with the Radiance Railing, but are having a hard time choosing a color. It would be nice if TT made railings in matching Earthwoods Evolution colors, but oh well.

We definitely want to go with the "Classic Black" balusters, but are having a hard time picking the colors of the rails, post and caps. Have any professional installers or homeowners used the decking color we went with? Would the Mountain Cedar match? How about Pacific Walnut- would that look better? We want to avoid the lighter colors, so I am thinking we are limited to those two colors in the Radiance Rail. Any suggestions based on personal experience?

Thanks very much!

Advertisement

skinsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:24 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Pick a color you like and build the deck.
Ron

Advertisement

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:32 AM   #3

Hey skinsfan44!
If you look on timbertech.com in the photo gallery (http://www.timbertech.com/design-too...s/default.aspx) you can actually see a photo of one of the combinations that you mentioned. The Earthwood Evolutions (in Pacific Teak and Pacific Walnut) is shown with Traditional Walnut Radiance Rail with Black Balusters.
lnranly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:32 PM   #4

lnranly- Thanks very much! Doesn't look too bad. Lets just hope it looks as good in person- and we shall soon see :0
Old 07-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #5

skinsfan- We are deciding on our deck colors this week. We would love to see your pics. WE are also Pacific Teak with Pacific Walnut picture frame and our debating now on radiance rail colors.

We are either all black or traditional walnut with black balusters. Would love to get some feedback from you!!
jimnati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnati View Post
skinsfan- We are deciding on our deck colors this week. We would love to see your pics. WE are also Pacific Teak with Pacific Walnut picture frame and our debating now on radiance rail colors.

We are either all black or traditional walnut with black balusters. Would love to get some feedback from you!!
Came out real nice. Wife wasn't convinced I was doing the right thing, but she ended up loving the look. Sorry the pics aren't too clear as they are from my phone. Don't have any closeups of the railing, but hopefully you get the look. We obviously went with the Walnut on top and bottom rail, black everywhere else. If you need better pics, let me know and I'll get the Cannon out and take some clearer ones for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Railing Selection with TimberTech Earthwoods Decking-2.jpg   Railing Selection with TimberTech Earthwoods Decking-3.jpg   Railing Selection with TimberTech Earthwoods Decking-4.jpg   Railing Selection with TimberTech Earthwoods Decking-5.jpg   Railing Selection with TimberTech Earthwoods Decking-6.jpg  

Railing Selection with TimberTech Earthwoods Decking-7.jpg  
Old 07-27-2011, 11:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnati View Post

To add a bit more, I don't think you could go wrong with either. I like how the walnut sort of matched the picture frame. But, I checked all black out before making my decision and think it would have looked fine as well. Good luck to you.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #8

The deck looks great! I am currently doing the same colors .. can you tell me where you got the lattice and what color it is? Just a cedar? thanks!!!
fredka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:40 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredka View Post
The deck looks great! I am currently doing the same colors .. can you tell me where you got the lattice and what color it is? Just a cedar? thanks!!!
Not to be a debbie downer but the OP hasn't logged in since august of 2011.

It does look like your standard cedar lattice though.
dabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #10

Lol. Thanks for responding!

Advertisement

fredka is offline   Reply With Quote