Radiant Barrier Insulation - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-26-2009, 08:16 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 604

Radiant Barrier Insulation

In a current thread, a radiant barrier paint above spray foamed insulation was suggested. That got me thinking, and I did a little research on it. The radiant barrier makes perfect sense. I know enough that heat is basically long wave light, and will reflect. ( More commonly accomplished with an aluminized sheet, and I have difficulty accepting that a paint will be close to as good, but the basic idea makes total sense ) In my mother's house, built around 1961, thats what they put in the walls.

Perhaps I am the only dummy on this forum who is not familar with this. Is it more commonly used than I think ? ( I mean the more common aluminized sheets, not the paint ) Why not ? Any roofers out there that can say if putting a reflective barrier on the undersiside of a roof helps shingle lifetime ?

Advertisement

SPS-1 is offline   Reply With Quote