I started a room in the basement. What was hopefully going to be a quick and simple project with friends helping is turning into a big job.
We found termites had been in the basement so had that treated with termidor. The back side of my basement is above ground after about 4 feet. So all of that was insulated by the builder including the rim joists with fiberglass. After peeling that back we find mold growing.
I'm now in the process of pulling all this garbage out and cleaning up the mold with vinegar. Also picked up a dehumidifier. So what do I replace it with?
We used 1 inch xps on the foundation in the room were building. So I was thinking about using foam for the rim joists and the rest of the above ground area. I may go with the 2 inch. I've also read that to pass code the foam board needs to be covered with 1/2 gypsum. Is there any of this foam that has the fire resistant stuff already on it?