Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-29-2012, 12:33 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Questions about pressure treated framed batten board fence

As the title suggests I decided to install a pressure treated batten board fence. I was wondering how much gapping should I do. I am using 1x6 which are 3/4 x 5 1/2 actual. I have the posts set up with 8 feet spacing and was gonna do 1 1/2 inch overlap on each picket for a total of 24 pickets every 8 feet. I was wondering if this is enough overlap our to much?

Also I am framing both sides and was wondering would it be easy to just start with one side then start on the other side and just screw them in to finish it off? I am using these brackets to hold all my 2x4x8s. http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...atalogId=10053

As of writing this a I did a google search and two people recommended to install at least 1.5 inch overlap, but as I trust the people here more id like to confirm that this is a good idea!

Thanks for any help that anyone might give!

Okami is offline   Reply With Quote