Question About Basement Subfloor - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-04-2014, 06:47 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Question about basement subfloor

I am getting ready to start finishing my basement. I have already decided that I'm going to use a 6 mil plastic and 1in R Max foam board then 2x3 or 2x4 studs with the blown in insulation. I want to put the laminated hardwood in our basement. I have been considering the dricore floor system. My question is should I put the dricore system in should I put the R Max up then the dricore and studs on top of that or should I do all of my stud work then the dricore? Are there any advantages of doing it one way vs another? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

Riss6270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:13 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riss6270 View Post
I am getting ready to start finishing my basement. I have already decided that I'm going to use a 6 mil plastic and 1in R Max foam board then 2x3 or 2x4 studs with the blown in insulation. I want to put the laminated hardwood in our basement. I have been considering the dricore floor system. My question is should I put the dricore system in should I put the R Max up then the dricore and studs on top of that or should I do all of my stud work then the dricore? Are there any advantages of doing it one way vs another? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
I'm confused, no such thing as laminate hardwood.
No way would I be using any laminate flooring in a basement.
Blown in should never be used in a basement.
Studs are used in a wall not a floor, joist are used in a floor.

Advertisement

Old 05-04-2014, 07:17 PM   #3
MarginallyQualified

Rewards Points: 2,314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riss6270 View Post
I have already decided that I'm going to use a 6 mil plastic and 1in R Max foam board then 2x3 or 2x4 studs with the blown in insulation.
On what basis?
Where are you?

Quote:
I have been considering the dricore floor system.
...or should I do all of my stud work then the dricore?
I'd vote walls first... then floor.
TarheelTerp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:27 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

Joe, don't know where you have been the past 5 years. I have been putting laminated wood flooring down for the past 7 years.

Tar Heel
From about 5 mths of research. I am located in south central pa. I have a 10 in poured wall with 4 layers of drain tile back filled with 57's 2 ft of clay soil tamped and last foot topsoil. I also added 2in foam on the exterior when I back filled in have a spray on rubber wall. Never any issue with water. All of my foundation is below grade but the last 10 inches. The other 10 inches has 2 inch foam board and 4 in of stone. I am also going to put an epoxy coating down on the floor before I install the dricore. When I built the house I went way overboard on a few things. The foundation being one.
Riss6270 is offline   Reply With Quote