Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-07-2009, 07:03 AM   #1
Jon

Rewards Points: 10
Send a message via AIM to JonNBR
Cool

Putting gate into stucco wall

Whats up guys? My name is Jon and in new here. Got a couple questions. A friend of mine just got a new house and hes wanting me to do some work for him. There is a back patio that has three stucco walls surrounding it that are appx. 8ft. tall. But theres no way out! He`s wanting me to go in and cut an opening and build and install a metal gate. Now, I`m completely capable of taking care of this, I just need the best route to take, as far as the stucco goes. The way I see it is two options, cut the desired opening and re-stucco around the edges, OR (I`m liking this one more) cut the opening and and case the opening in with either wood or some sort of vinyl. This is out in the weather, so take that into consideration. So, what would my best option be? Is there a fool-proof stucco setup I could get? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot, Jon

JonNBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:15 PM   #2
Jon

Rewards Points: 10
Send a message via AIM to JonNBR

Putting gate into stucco wall

I failed to mention that this wall is about a foot thick and its just a privacy wall. Would pics help out? Thanks again

JonNBR is offline   Reply With Quote