DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Problem with deadbolt

3K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  tman2010 
#1 · (Edited)
:(I have a Faultless deadbolt lock, round doorknob on inside, thumb press handle on outside, the screws are on the inside of door. I want to tighten the deadbolt as it is super loose. Can anybody help?

#7 ·
If you take those screws right out you should be able to pull the inside and outside parts of the dead bolt away from the door. Leave the latch in the door and fit the two parts together in your hand so you can see how the parts match up. The screws from the inside must line up with the screw socket on the outside portion. These screws may not be doing that in your door right now. Hopefully the threads of the screw socket aren't stripped.

#8 ·
I took off the round casing with the screws, on the inside of the door, and I don't see anything inside that one can tighten. I do notice that the bolt itself has what appears to be a pin running through the center of it that I can push in, the same pin seems loose and sometime sticks out, to the point where it isn't flush with the bolt. It is almost like a thin rod running through the center of the deadblot. I hope this makes sense.

#10 ·
I was too chicken to take the thing right off incase I broke it, maybe you're right and something's not lined up. I am open to anything you have that might help. I have an early day tomorrow so I'm off to bed. I welcome anything else you can think of. Thanks for your help thus far. I imagine I will be back tomorrow. Good night.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.