Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-26-2010, 08:47 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

poured foundation wall with infill for raised paver installation 3- 4 feet high

My back sliding door is about 3'-6 high above grade and I want to walk directly out onto my paver deck set on infill and sand. My intention is to have a raised deck that is about 20' X 18' then step down onto grade with pavers on grade 20'X25. I think the best way to do this is by pouring a foundation wall , then back filling , tamping at levels then laying blue stone then pavers. The foundation wall will go up and end at railing height which will then be veneered with veneer stone and topped with a blue stone cap. does this make sence to you?

mgraniello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:06 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 0

poured foundation wall with infill for raised paver installation 3- 4 feet high

I know nothing about this subject, but would be interested in seeing a pic and some drawings so I know what people are talking about when they reply. Have you used Google's Sketchup (its free). I just started with it a week ago and have a fallen in love.... what a great design tool

steveel is offline   Reply With Quote