Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-17-2011, 05:26 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |
Question

Post-tension concrete foundation extension

Hi! I'm planning to build an addition onto my home and therefore need to extend the foundation. The existing foundation is a post-tension concrete foundation but the extension would be a standard rebar-type slab. Is it OK to pour another concrete foundation alongside an existing post-tension concrete foundation?

I know that it is OK to join concrete slab foundations but was wondering if there would be a problem with a post-tension type.

I realize that great care would need to be exercised when drilling holes in the existing foundation for the rebar pins to join the 2 foundations. Are there any other tips I should consider? Thanks.

Last edited by woody9911; 01-17-2011 at 07:30 PM.
woody9911 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
addition, foundation, post-tension