Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-14-2010, 09:51 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

porch ceiling fan placement

I have a 32x8 porch that I recently added to the front of my house. I now need to install ceiling fans and was wondering if anyone knows how many I should use.

Basically I have 25 feet of the front porch that we "use" to relax and sit on. I believe I only need 2 ceiling fans, but was wondering the best way to split up the space to get the entire are covered. What size fans should I use? 52"?

My plans are to place them at 8 feet apart, because we normally sit around the center of this 25' section and our furniture is also centered on this 25' section. I realize that the fans will have more air EXACTLY in the center (with both fans going) and I will be trying to cool the outside (approx. 8 feet) on both of the outer sides.

Thoughts or help is much appreciated.

my5sons is offline   Reply With Quote