Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-20-2010, 07:31 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Pool Enclosure install cost

I would like to have a pool enclosure installed around my inground pool. It is called (AquaShield) web site is www.aquashield.com this would make it nice to be able to swim all year round. This enclosure comes all assembled and the tracks have to be attached to the concrete pad and the panels would sit on the tracks. Can anyone tell me what it would cost to have one of these install? I am trying to find the cost to install before I go and buy one of these units.

rlander06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:30 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

Those are pretty cool. But I have no idea how someone could tell you how much to install one. Way to many factors to consider even if a person had installed them before. Size of unit. your location. how level is your pool deck. how hard is it to get back to your pool area. I am sure I did not list all the what ifs or need to know stuff before you could be given an idea of how much to install.

warnerww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:18 PM   #3

This unit will be 24 Ft. by 40 Ft. I have no trees or any thing in the way to the back yard. The sidewalk around the pool is concrete and is level. All the snow will be cleared off all the time. It comes in sections and they say it will take four guys to take off the truck and carry each section to the backyard (total of eight sections). One hundred and thirty 1/4 inch holes need to be drilled for anchors to secure track to concrete. The sections need to be picked up and put on the tracks. Lots of Brackets need to be put on each section.and lots of scews. They say it should take only one day with four guys.
rlander06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:37 AM   #4
Master General ReEngineer

Rewards Points: 2,084

Quote:
Can anyone tell me what it would cost to have one of these install?
They say it should take only one day with four guys.
Ayuh,... I guess it would come down to whether you hire 4 Union guys, or 4 Mexicans, 'n whether the 4 guys you hire have any Clue as to what needs doin'...
Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:21 PM   #5

Did you ever go with the unit? They look nice but have you read the warranty. I found this on their website "During high wind and snow conditions it is mandatory to remove SunroomScreen and stored.' So unless you don't get snow or high winds you are ok.
Builditnow is offline   Reply With Quote