Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-21-2009, 08:46 PM   #1

Share |

Pole Barn Materials?

I'm planning to build a pole building this summer, if the budget allows, and I was looking for a rough estimate on price for some of the materials.

What I'm looking for is a typical price on some 6x6x18' and around 22' posts, the price for the siding and roof panels, and maybe a general price on trusses for a 40'x64' barn.

Our old barns roof has almost been completely blown off in the last few wind storms we had, and the barn wasn't really built to withstand the last 30 years, not to mention it looks as if it were built 100 years ago.

And if it helps, I live in SW Ohio.

Thanks! God bless.

JACC0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:15 AM   #2

Pole Barn Materials?

Doubtful you will find any useful price advice here. Costs vary widly all over the country and between competing dealers. Check local lumber suppliers.

Barns built 100 yrs ago are usually of better materials and construction than what you will get today, but they were probably poorly maintained if they had problems.

Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:08 AM   #3

Pole Barn Materials?

your logon's jgm construction & YOU're looking for prices HERE ? ? ? somethin's wrong
yesitsconcrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:29 PM   #4

Pole Barn Materials?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesitsconcrete View Post
your logon's jgm construction & YOU're looking for prices HERE ? ? ? somethin's wrong
What's wrong with asking? This is something I don't do normally, so I thought I'd do some research.
JACC0811 is offline   Reply With Quote