Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Pocket door off track

I have a small bathroom near my laundry room that has a pocket door. Over the weekend, my 5-year-old decided to bump up against it and the door came off the track.

On the plus side, it was the front roller so I can both see and access the part that came off the track. On the downside, I wasn't able to manually move the door back on track.

When I take a close look, what I see is the wheel flush against the top part of the door, which I assume is normal (is it?). I try to use a flat head screwdriver to lift the wheel and while it is fairly rigid, I can move it a little bit up. That said, not matter what I try, I can't seem to pull the door back over the track.

So, is the wheel supposed to be pressed up against the top of the door and if so, can anyone suggest a method to separating it and moving the door back on track?

Thanks.

droopdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Pocket door off track

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopdog7 View Post
I have a small bathroom near my laundry room that has a pocket door. Over the weekend, my 5-year-old decided to bump up against it and the door came off the track.

On the plus side, it was the front roller so I can both see and access the part that came off the track. On the downside, I wasn't able to manually move the door back on track.

When I take a close look, what I see is the wheel flush against the top part of the door, which I assume is normal (is it?). I try to use a flat head screwdriver to lift the wheel and while it is fairly rigid, I can move it a little bit up. That said, not matter what I try, I can't seem to pull the door back over the track.

So, is the wheel supposed to be pressed up against the top of the door and if so, can anyone suggest a method to separating it and moving the door back on track?

Thanks.
It sounds like you have the shower door track and wheels and not the Johnson tracks with wheels on both sides of a "T" track.
With the shower door tracks, there's a small lip the wheel needs to be lifted over. This is more easily done if you tilt the door. If you can't, pull the door out into the opening into the nearly closed position. Slightly lift the door while pulling the bottom and top of the door so the wheel goes into the track.
If you can't do that, there are 2 pieces of wood(on either side of the frame where the door sits in the open position) you can remove so you can fully tilt the door and put it back in the track.
Ron

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote