Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-03-2009, 09:35 AM   #1

Share |

partition wall

I WANT TO DIVIDE MY KIDS ROOM AS THERE IS A LARGE AGE GAP BETWEEN THEM SO THEY HAVE THERE OWN SPACE. THE ROOM IS QUITE LONG AND HAS FITTED WADROBES AT THE DOOR END. HOWEVER IT ONLY HAS ONE WINDOW IN THE MIDDLE. I WOULD LIKE TO PUT UP A PARTITION WALL BUT HOW DO I DO THIS AS THERE IS ONLY ONE WINDOW AND TO GIVE THEM BOTH ENOUGH ROOM I WOULD HAVE TO SPLIT IT DOWN THE MIDDLE. ANY IDEAS WOULD BE WELCOME

roxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #2
Remodeling Contractor

partition wall

possible make two separate private areas and a common area that utilizes this window.

Bob Mariani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:39 AM   #3

partition wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy View Post
I WANT TO DIVIDE MY KIDS ROOM AS THERE IS A LARGE AGE GAP BETWEEN THEM SO THEY HAVE THERE OWN SPACE. THE ROOM IS QUITE LONG AND HAS FITTED WADROBES AT THE DOOR END. HOWEVER IT ONLY HAS ONE WINDOW IN THE MIDDLE. I WOULD LIKE TO PUT UP A PARTITION WALL BUT HOW DO I DO THIS AS THERE IS ONLY ONE WINDOW AND TO GIVE THEM BOTH ENOUGH ROOM I WOULD HAVE TO SPLIT IT DOWN THE MIDDLE. ANY IDEAS WOULD BE WELCOME
If you want to make two bedrooms, you'll have to put in another window. It must be an egress window. And depending on the size of your existing window, you may have to replace that too.
md2lgyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:01 AM   #4

partition wall

You definitely don't want to make egress from the bedroom difficult...Either via the door or via the window. If the room is divided then another egress window would in fact be required, and another door to the exit path might be a good idea.
Termite is offline   Reply With Quote