DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Building & Construction (
-   -   Oversize hole (

tintersniffer 07-13-2006 07:33 PM

Oversize hole
I am fixing a wall mout for a flat screen TV. I was going to use wrall bolts through a drylined wall into solid brick work. I got my holes drilled to 12mm with a hammer drill (DRILLED SMALL THEN STEPPED UP). The problem is my holes in the brickwork seem to have gone slightly oversize where the wrall bolts are spinning. Any one have a quick fix or a way of fixing this (I DO FEEL REALLY SILLY BY THE WAY:huh: ). Or can some one tell me why my holes have gone oversize??? I dont want to try and drill to another size incase I oversize the new holes.

Thanks in advance


Teetorbilt 07-13-2006 07:41 PM

Wrall bolts must be a regional term, can you broaden that?

I looked it up. Expansion bolts.

Use a flat washer against the wall then a nut. Lock 2 nuts together on the end of the stud. Hang onto the locked nuts while tightening the one against the washer. Once the expansion takes place, remove everything and you will have your stud mount.

tintersniffer 07-13-2006 07:46 PM

Sorry some call them wrall some call them wall or through bolts. See here for what I mean


Teetorbilt 07-13-2006 07:58 PM

It would appear that you can manually expand that before putting it into the hole. I'd make it a light tap fit and remember that the bottom of the hole will be tighter than the top (a drill gets more guidance the deeper that it goes).

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1