DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Building & Construction (http://www.diychatroom.com/f19/)
-   -   Outer felt wallboard has a hole in it. (http://www.diychatroom.com/f19/outer-felt-wallboard-has-hole-152039/)

jerry1967 07-30-2012 06:22 PM

Outer felt wallboard has a hole in it.
 
Does anybody know how to fill a hole in the exterior felt wall board that I think a bird made. Last winter I had a bad windy day and some of my siding fell and I have not got around to fixing it yet. Now I have a hole int he felt borad and need to fix the hole.

Evstarr 07-30-2012 06:58 PM

Cut a pice of foam to fit. (adjust the hole to make this easier) and put the blasted siding back up!

joecaption 07-30-2012 07:12 PM

Felt board? Sure it's not Celotex?
Post a picture.
Far cheaper to buy a new piece of Celotex, cut it to fit so it can be nailed in the middle of the studs then to use foam.

jerry1967 07-30-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joecaption (Post 977878)
Felt board? Sure it's not Celotex?
Post a picture.
Far cheaper to buy a new piece of Celotex, cut it to fit so it can be nailed in the middle of the studs then to use foam.

Yes it is Celotex, I couldn't think of the name.
The whole is only 2 inches in diameter,so is there a better way to fix this than to put a whole board up?

joecaption 07-30-2012 07:56 PM

You do not to replace the whole board, your just stuck having to buy a whole panel.
Just think how simple this would be if you would have of fixed it before there was a hole.

jerry1967 07-31-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joecaption (Post 977923)
You do not to replace the whole board, your just stuck having to buy a whole panel.
Just think how simple this would be if you would have of fixed it before there was a hole.


Ok, can you give me a idea how to fix it once I buy the board?

joecaption 07-31-2012 11:37 AM

Remove the siding in that area, cut out a square with the two outer edges cut over the middle of the studs.
Cut a patch the same size as the hole and nail it up with 1-1/4 roofing nails.
Tape over the seams and reinstall the siding.

tony.g 07-31-2012 12:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
.....

jerry1967 08-01-2012 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joecaption (Post 978315)
Remove the siding in that area, cut out a square with the two outer edges cut over the middle of the studs.
Cut a patch the same size as the hole and nail it up with 1-1/4 roofing nails.
Tape over the seams and reinstall the siding.

thanks for the information, what kind of tape should I use?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.


Copyright 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved