Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-14-2012, 08:42 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Old City Storm Sewer

Greetings,

I moved into my first "old" house last year and had a question about the storm sewer lines. The downspouts were already disconnected from the round cast iron pipes around the perimeter of the house which I'm assuming were part of the old storm sewer system that is no longer (or shouldn't be) used.

The pipes are open, with no caps. Should they be capped off? If so, what would you use to cap them off? My local hardware store wasn't much of a help part-wise.

Thanks!

Jimmy B

jimmycrackcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Old City Storm Sewer

Metal Coffee can cut out lids work good and then mix red mix cement and fill in on top of metal, Last for ever. This will work if you have bells on the cast iron pipe.

Hardway is offline   Reply With Quote