Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-04-2005, 11:05 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Noises from my wall

Please can any one tell me what may be causing strange but not v loud clicking type noises to be coming from my one of my walls. Its a 1980 built flat, brick exterior, plasterboard interior. I think i have identified the sound as coming from the front window wall. Its a bit disturbing!

imported_alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 12:20 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

Noises from my wall

Hi alice

Many thing can go bump in the night. Being an exterior wall should reduce the chances of pluming or heating. How constant is the noise? constant, every so often, occasionally does it seem more prevalent during night or day?

Their have been cases of insects such a bees build nests in a wall and you could here clicking type noises from this sort of activy. Have you notice any activty outside. maybe a gap in the brick or missing morter around the sill that could be used as a enterence for a insect. Use caution if you see signs of this. Being hidden there is no way to tell just how large a hive or nest could be. Don't open a wall up until you rule out the possibly of such a thing you wouldn't want to free them in the home!

Old 08-04-2005, 01:30 PM   #3

Thumbs up

Noises from my wall

Hey there, thanks for the tips - yes it is really regular, both day and night, and its only happened in the last month or so. I haven't checked for entrances for insects and will do so, its third floor flat, so can't really check the outside, but hopefully there'd be evidence of them on the inside. Thanks for taking the time to reply to me
Old 08-17-2005, 09:03 AM   #4

Noises from my wall

Hi, my enquiry is so similar to yours, I have pinging noises. Will let you know if I can find out what is at the bottom of it as I understand how concerned you probably are!
keenbutclueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 10:27 AM   #5

Noises from my wall

Yes likewise .... i'll let you know what sucesses i have. It is v . v. odd. I've got some days off now, and am going to try redecorating, and see if that does the job!