Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-19-2012, 06:34 AM   #1

Share |

Next Project? Foundation Repair

Well, here goes nothing. I have a few cracks and corner damage to the foundation of my home. I am hoping that I can repair them myself, but if not I was hoping someone could point me in a good direction as far as how expensive a repair it would be if I had an outside contractor do it.

Here's some photos:

Is this something I can do myself? I've heard of concretelike epoxy that can repair some foundation work, but do these repairs fit the bill? Thanks for any advice.

Eric
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
Remodeling Contractor

$2500, most can be done your self. The large crack should have a membrane across it and it is not something you can do your self. Cost $500-$1500
Bob Mariani is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Mariani For This Useful Post:
Warpath (07-22-2012)
Old 07-22-2012, 07:10 AM   #3

Thanks Bob, for the reply. I'm fortunate to have a very handy brother-in-law who has worled construction most of his adult life. I think he is going to do what I cannot.

By the large crack, do you mean the long, thin one in the 1st photo or the shorter, wider one on the one corner?

Eric
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote