New house purchase - work needed - how much will it cost?
I'm the process of buying a 3 bed semi in Manchester and have had a survey done on it (though I've not received the full report as yet). However, I have been told some of the main work needed as follows:
* Front gully badly settled and also some adjacent bricks have slightly dropped - possibly broken drain and will need excavataion work and repair - could have also damaged house foundations in the area concerned - Any idea of how much this is likely to cost to repair?
* Some roof (tiled) needs patching - roughly how much? and how much for a NEW roof?
* Some repointing required - how much for repointing whole house?
* Damp treatment (partial required) but how much for FULL DPC?
* Wall ties required - how much?
I would be grateful for any input (as I need to decide on whether to go ahead with the purchase or not and how much (roughly I realise) it is likely to cost?
Thanks in advance, Ash
As far as the other points.....maybe someone could help you with these, however, the issues listed a too vague for me to give even a close estimate on. All the points are issues that need to be addressed on-site, thru visual inspections.
Example - New roof: No square footage listed, flashing?, current material match?, hips, gables, rotted plywood areas underneath?, etc..
Also, some repairs can't be simply 'price-listed' ......because there could be additional issues that need to be taken care of in order to perform the repair.
A home with the issues you listed sounds like one that has gotten ALOT of neglect. We have worked on neglect properties and have always found many, many more costly surpises were in store for the home owner....when the work started.
My 2 cents : Evidence listed shows an obvious neglected property = more costly issues will certainly come = Run like heck!....
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 AM.|
Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved