Need Help Replacing Screens In Windows - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-04-2010, 01:02 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Need help replacing screens in windows

Hey all

I have some rather unusual screens in the windows of my home. they arnt the traditional pop out the screen frame, replace screen and pop back in to place.

i cant figure out how to take the screen frame out, if its even possible.

i can see the rubber seal cord that holds the screen in place on 3 sides. the bottom side of the screen seems to be enclosed by a piece of aluminum. cant figure out how to expose it WITHOUT bending the screen frame all up.

can anyone tell me how to replace my screens?

if it helps, the windows came with the house, built in 1994.

i am attaching some photos of the window. hopefully it helps.

window 1 is the overall shot of the window.

window 2 is the lower left of the window. if you look close, you can see the rubber seal on the left, the bottom has nothing cause it dissapears into the frame.

window 3 is the upper right corner. if you also notice you can see the black rubber seal on the top/right of the window

if you need additional photos, let me know and i will post them
Attached Thumbnails
Need help replacing screens in windows-window-1.jpg   Need help replacing screens in windows-window-2.jpg   Need help replacing screens in windows-window-3.jpg  

Advertisement

reds_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
fabrk8r

Rewards Points: 500

Is it possible the screens can be removed from inside the house after opening the loser sash. That's the way most screens that I've ever seen have to be removed.

Advertisement

Old 09-05-2010, 02:59 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

well, after looking at the window once again. it did have a lip on the inside that you can lift and it brings the whole screen frame up above the track and you just pull it out.

what was happening was that there was so much dirt, moths, and bugs in the track, that i couldnt move the screen enough to pop out. once i cleaned the track and the whole frame, all is good!!!!

screens have been replaced!!! thanks for that thought of it being on the inside!!!! i never had window screens like this.

learn something new everyday!!!

THANK YOU
reds_21 is offline   Reply With Quote