Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-04-2008, 01:30 PM   #1

Share |

need advice on what to do wih condensation lines

I have just moved into a new house that we had built and as I am trying to get things ship-shape I have the first of many questions to come.

There are some condensation lines for the AC coming out of the foundation at the back of my house in an area that sadly does not drain as well as it should partially because of the grade that close to the house and also because it is shaded more hours of the day than not.
Right now the lines are just hanging out there and it makes the soil around this area and the steps to my deck a soggy mess.
I think the right way to deal with this is a french drain? Still, I have no idea how to put one of those in place. Can someone give advice on what I should do here. See picture below.

Thanks,
D.

SouthernSkyyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:14 PM   #2
Drywall contractor

You could kill two birds with one stone and run the downspout and condensate lines into a "catch basin" and pipe the whole mess away from the house with corrugated pipe. Might want to post this under landscaping for more ideas. Not my area of expertise, but that's what I did on my own house for a similar situation.......

Old 10-04-2008, 07:17 PM   #3

I see you have a high efficiency furnace. Nice. As energy cost rise you will be glad of that.

In the past I have used an auger and drilled a deep hole and then filled it with rocks. Or you could reroute it under the house and have it drain somewhere else. Since it a pump you don't have to worry about grade although going high real fast and then sloping downhill to the outside is preferable so that there isn't a huge amount of water to drain back once the pump shuts off.
Marvin Gardens is offline   Reply With Quote