Nailing Subfloor To Rimboard - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-21-2008, 01:24 AM   #1
Theres more then one way.

Rewards Points: 150

Nailing subfloor to rimboard

Rim-board being used 1-1/8
http://ilevel.com/literature/TJ-8000.pdf

First time ever working with this stuff and even though the pdf says its ok, is nailing the subfloor into this rim-board ok ?

It seams like its only gonna split being a compressed type board thing. Theres one 22' length which runs parallel to the joist with still needs to be nailed. When i layed the subfloor (3/4 T&G plywood) at each plywood seam i nailed a scrap of the joist between the walls top-plate and the sheets, but have not nailed down into the rim-board yet. Also added a scrip of the joist in each corner.

Being the pdf says its ok, i guess that i'll do it tomorrow, just would like ot know peoples opinions and experiences.

Advertisement

iMisspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:43 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Nailing subfloor to rimboard

Nothing wrong with nailing through the subfloor into the rim material. Just use 8d's.

Advertisement

Termite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ilevel , nailing , rim board , rimboard , subfloor