Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-30-2011, 10:51 PM   #1

Share |

mortar bed?????

Hey guys kind of new to the diy thing, but have been enjoying remodeling an old house. Haven't made but one previous post, and it was very helpful.

O.k. so here is my situation. I put an addition on the back of the home for a bathroom, and have my watter supply ran to where my bathtub/shower will be. I have plenty of room for an access panel, and have the shut off valves already installed. I am getting ready to set the tub up, and am not sure what I need to do it? It is one of those fiberglass one piece bathtub/shower combo's, and I am not sure if I need a mortar bed or what I need to put under it for support. My floor is dead level, and I hear that is very good. But, after that I have no idea of what I need to do. If anyone has any links or advise, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance....

cthomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:44 AM   #2
Not so new

mortar bed?????

...installation details vary by manufacturer. Consult their website for instructions.

12penny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 12penny For This Useful Post:
oh'mike (05-31-2011)
Old 05-31-2011, 06:58 PM   #3

mortar bed?????

ok thanks
cthomson is offline   Reply With Quote