Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-04-2009, 12:24 PM   #1

Share |

Monolithic Pour

I'm doing to do a monolithic pour on my garage addition and will need about 13 yards of concrete which will require two loads. Can I have my first truck deliver 3000 psi which will fill the footing and lower wall areas and then have my second truck deliver 4000 psi for the slab? The second pour would be put on top of the first pour right away (one truck would be right behind the other).
Jim Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
Old School

Location: St. Petersburg, FL Minds of moderate caliber ordinarily condemn everything which is beyond them.

Monolithic Pour

For cryin' out loud. What is your price difference? I think it's almost nothing here. And I'm serious... a few bucks.
Willie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:27 PM   #3

Monolithic Pour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie T View Post
For cryin' out loud. What is your price difference? I think it's almost nothing here. And I'm serious... a few bucks.

My first thought too.
NJ Brickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:29 PM   #4
Concrete & Masonry

Monolithic Pour

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brickie View Post
My first thought too.

My first thought, x3!
jomama45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:13 AM   #5

Monolithic Pour

make it 4 then i thought - hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm, he may be onto something so here's my suggestion - order up the 3,000 @ 7" slump w/wtr reducer, retarder, 2% calcium, & just a slight taste of super-p,,, that way you'll not waste a lot of time pulling the mud for the footing OR vibrating, it'll delay the set so there won't be any cold jnt/delamination, & less footing labor but you'll still gain hi early strength

the 2nd load can be 4,000 @ 3" or 4" slump,,, the only caution i can forsee is not using vertical supporting bars to prevent the top from sinking down into the bottom

IF you're not an experienced conc guy, you might consider you ARE already a cheapskate out-of-the-box thinker,,, pay the addl $$$ & do it like a pro - that also means bringing coolers & your favorite adult beverages

in theory, there's no difference 'tween theory & practice,,, in practice, there is ! ! !

in
yesitsconcrete is offline   Reply With Quote