About 2 1/2 weeks ago had water damage to our lower level, which had a floating wood floor over a concrete slab.
We have started to take up the wood and pad (it is unsalvageable, we are discarding it all), but there is fuzzy mold on both the bottom of the wood, and on the bottom of the pad as well (white/green/creme colored mold, as well as darker mold on the wood).
My question is, is there a safe way I can remove this myself, or do I need to contact a mold removal team to deal with this, like Servepro? We're look at probably 400sf.
I have attached some photos so you can see what the mold looks like. Thanks for any advice.
Safe? Maybe, unless you are allergic to mold, which can cause your throat to swell and you to suffocate. Myself, and I don't recommend you or anyone else do this, I would ventilate like all living H (huge fans, lots of openings), get some QUALITY masks, spray lightly with 5-10% bleach and water, then take it out myself. Be slow, and be careful. I would not touch it dry. When done, I'd wash w/ soap and water, let dry, then dampen it w/ more bleach and ventilate for a long time. All that said... is the water perhaps coming from below, and your flood just happened to have you dig in and find it? It may be advisable to watch the floor for a while after you are done to see if water is wicking into it. Tape a 2' square piece of visqueen to the floor and see if it gets water under it; rough idea, anyway. A pro is sure the safest!