Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-07-2007, 11:03 PM   #1

Share |

Mold or LSD

Not sure where to post this question. A strange mold is living in my bathroom. I have been unable to find anything photographs or descriptions on the internet that even remotely resembles it. It is behind and around the toilet, and has infiltrated the two adjacent walls (wallboard), floor (plywood), carpet, and baseboard, and looks to be associated with water leakage from either the toilet or pipes (some of which are copper). There is no odor that I can detect, although my dogs smell something.

It is a psychedelic irridescent kelly green color. It's not black-green, not lime green, not mottled, etc. Imagine a swatch of Irish Kelly Green paint admixed with irridescent sparkly pearlized glaze. The color intensifies when wet, diminishes a bit when dry, but never loses it's irridescent quality. Really, I'm not tripping, my Filmore West and Winterland days are long gone. Has anyone seen a similar mold, or have any information on it? Much thanks. CMG

cmgith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:27 AM   #2
Home Improvement Guy

Mold or LSD

Sounds like invasion of the body snatchers
Could you post a picture or two?

ron schenker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 02:12 PM   #3

Mold or LSD

I just had a flashback to the '60's. There was this girl who had these brownies and......well, never mind . But those were the best brownies I've ever had.
Do you want to just identify it or get rid of it? There are plenty of mold products on the shelves, tried any?
If you have a leak, you need to find it and fix it. Any water leak in the bath will show up under the bath. Any evidence in the rooms below?
The leak could also come from above. There's a vent pipe going through the roof. If the flashing fails, water runs down the pipe and touches the wall where the hubs are. Walls get wet, mold grows.
You might need to open some walls to diagnose this,but do the simple first.
Ron
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 02:19 PM   #4

Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota - Latitude 45.057 Longitude -93.074

Mold or LSD

An independant testing laboraotory should be able to find out what the "mold" is. They may even have a kit so you can take your own samples and bring them in. They are working for you and just test and provide results.

Avoid a mold remediation company that also does remediation and correction - They do not work for you and work for themselves only.
concretemasonry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 06:57 PM   #5

Mold or LSD

Thanks guys. I have pictures on disc and will find and post. Located a leak, found a hairline crack in the toilet tank. And am looking into testing kits and independent lab, and will avoid remediation folks like you advise. Now if I could just figure out what the voice in the wall is saying to me. (kidding). Talk to you later. Love and kisses.
CMG
cmgith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:58 PM   #6

Mold or LSD

I think you practice you aim. I have seen this mold in public restrooms that are not cleaned regularly.
jiggyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:33 PM   #7

Mold or LSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggyjack View Post
I think you practice you aim. .
I see you found the brownie recipe. Please forward it to my email address. Thanks.
Ron

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote